At least 47% of buyers view 3 to 5 pieces of content before engaging with a sales representative. That leads to 6 times more conversions for companies which actively use content marketing. Content marketing has thus been recognized as an effective way to attract user attention, increase traffic to company websites, generate more qualified leads and boost conversion rates. That is why companies around the world have been actively investing in content marketing. To have an effective content marketing strategy in place, you need to keep up with the latest trends. This text outlines 10 areas that marketers should focus on in 2022:
1. Voice search. Gadgets which include voice search are a convenient means to perform various operations. It is estimated that 41% of adults use voice search at least once per day, while 27% of the global online population uses voice search on mobile devices. As the use of voice search is on the rise, marketers should think about how to utilize it for content marketing purposes. One of the most effective types of content for voice search is frequently asked questions (FAQ) content. It can help address user issues if the right keywords are used.
2. Search engine optimization (SEO). If content is not optimized for search engines, it will attract little traffic to company websites. To improve the ranking of your content in search results, you can start with integrating relevant keywords. Use keyword research tools to find relevant, long-tail keywords. Next, optimize your title tag by using your core keyword. You should also try to earn backlinks by creating high-quality content and asking industry leaders to put links to your content. That would help you build trust and authority in your industry.
3. Video. 76% of marketers believe that video is the most effective content format. 27% have admitted that video content generates the biggest return on investment (ROI), compared to other types of content. Moreover, video content helps create a deeper connection with potential customers as well as communicate offers in an attractive and engaging way. Another big advantage of using video is the fact that it can be easily transformed into podcasts or text. That can further increase the reach of company messages.
4. Artificial intelligence (AI). In 2022, AI technology will support human effort even more often. AI will be mainly used for data analysis, the creation of optimized blog posts, improving the service provided by chatbots as well as grammar checks, to name a few. It is believed that these innovations will provide more opportunities for business automation. Furthermore, they will turn content marketing into a simpler process, and will increase its effectiveness.
5. Content quality. In 2022, more attention should be given to improving the quality of content by making it more relevant and compelling. That will help increase the customer retention rate, gain more exposure and attract new followers. To encourage people to come back to your website, use educational content and compelling storytelling techniques. To establish a deeper connection with your audience, use inclusive language, and speak to them directly.